Wonderings on the Summer Solstice

So the circle of life continues and we reach the middle of the year and with it the summer solstice.  At this time the abundance of life is clear, the trees are majestic in their full greenery, the spring born birds are starting to fledge and flowers, fruits and vegetables are all starting to ripen. 


Now that half the year has already past, I like to stop and think about all that’s been and all that I’ve got to look forward to, and it looks like it’s going to be a busy next few months.

Next week I’m having a weekend in London and am really looking forward to attending The Cult of Beauty at the Victorian and Albert museum.  It's an exhibition on the Aesthetic Movement from 1860-1900,  I’ve always been interested in this period of art and the chance to see some of the items in person is really very exciting.  

First though is Vanessa’s Mad Tea Party over at A Fanciful Twist, I’ve been very busy making, baking and generally having fun preparing for this and I’m really looking forward to seeing everybody elses tea parties on Saturday.

Comments

Ohm just reading through old blog posts in your blog and there is so much I want to comment on. I wish we lived closer to each other so that we could have tea parties, witchy gatherings, crafts evenings and all those kinds of things together...! Cult of Beauty at the V&A- I saw that exhibition and I loved it so much. Actually, I got a bit teary-eyed, especially when I was standing in front of a beautiful painting by Rossetti that I had been a favourite art work of mine for a long time.

Popular Posts