Wonderings on doing some art...... finally!

One of the reasons I started this blog was to have somewhere to show and record things that I have created, pictures I have drawn and general craftiness (as well as to take part in the amazing blog parties!).  Well it would seem that I am impossibly slow at finishing anything or when I do finish something I get too scared to show it to the world (well my lovely blog readers anyway), but today is the day I change that.

I finally finished this little painting over the weekend and I decided I would share it with you. 



This is my little lady Evelyn.  I started her after the blog post I wrote a few weeks ago about the creative side of me longing to come out now and Evelyn is a representation of that.  On the surface she is a prim and proper Victorian lady but underneath her more passionate, creative side is longing to be free.

So, hopefully, now I've managed to show one of my creations it will spur me on to show and do more and, therefore, increase my skills in the process.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend. x

Comments

Tracey said…
She's gorgeous! Well done you x
C said…
now that wasn't too painful was it lol well done you for your bravery she is adorable........... cant wait to see more :) have a great weekend
Vicky said…
This is fabulous sweetie, love it!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx
Charlotte said…
Evelyn is beautiful. I'm so pleased to see some of your work. I really love the colour palette you've used for this piece.
Unknown said…
she is fantastic! i really like your unique style. i am so glad you finished her and i am hearing you loud and clear about how hard it can be it can be to get started and then to finish a piece. it is like that for me most of the time. just keep going! it is nice to have a place to share your art and your beautiful is a wonderful place to do that. wishing you all the best~
Rhissanna said…
I came over to say 'thank you' for the sweet comments you made on my blog and I have to say, I love this painting! She looks so solemn and the bird is quirky and bright. I like that the woman's eyes are downcast and pensive and the bird engages directly with us.
New follower.
Lovely painting! What great imagination on this. I really like the bird.

Popular Posts