May Day Musings

 The merry month of May has arrived and she appears to have brought the sun along with her.


Tulips bring colour and life to a garden not yet recovered from a harsh winter.  The petals a soft contrast against the bright green leaves.


It's the perfect time to stop and enjoy the sun and perhaps indulge in lemon tart and fresh raspberries.


The frog prince is quick to join me, he's been waiting all winter long for company.


His crown is perhaps a little worse for wear, but in my eyes, it makes him all the more handsome.


It isn't long before I'm joined by friends curious to see what they are missing.  Always happy to provide company.


... and comedy

 (oh Rascal!)

The fairy tale castle seems almost real in the sunlight.


If I could I'd shrink down and live in it for a few days.


 Instead,  I wait until the sun goes down and light a candle


Pondering the year that has gone so far and all that is yet to come.


The Beltane spirit has hold of me.  It fills me with the energy and enthusiasm I have been lacking the past few months.  My goals suddenly seem more achievable, in fact maybe, just maybe, I can dare to dream even bigger.  There is magic in the air, can you feel it?


Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for any other informative blog. The place else may just I am getting that
kind of information written in such a perfect approach?
I have a project that I'm just now running on, and I have been on the glance out for such information.

Here is my web-site ... http://pureberrymaxreview.net
Deborah said…
Oh how sweet! I like to drink too...oh wait, you said tea! teehee! Hopped over from Vanessa's blog, making new friends. Love your castle and especially the beautiful kitty.

**happy smiles** Deborah
Victoria Stitch said…
love that candle holder! so magical! lovely photos.
Heather said…
What a lovely and magical May Day you had :D and what a gorgeous kitty friend! I love calicos!~
Jessica said…
I love May Day! I didn't really get a chance to celebrate this year because it was in the midst of my crazy schedule, but I'm glad you did something fun! :) Living through this post is a great substitute for celebrating in real life, haha :)
Hello Dearest Rachel,
What an enchanting start to the month!! I agree with you, this is the time of year that I start feeling so ambitious for so many things!

Thank you, as always, for your visit to The Tearoom!
The purple kittens are coming soon!

Sending you lovely wishes for enchanting spring evenings and lots of creativity and productivity!

Betty
Unknown said…
beautiful may day! love this post!
Rhissanna said…
Make a fresh pot! Beltane here was quite astonishingly cold! Bitter winds in the may blossom (not that Arkansas has any may blossom, but hey.)so a cup of fresh tea and a slice of that cake would be very welcome.
Everything has changed! This is what happens when I disappear I suppose. Your new blog is beautiful Rachel. I can't wait to go through and read everything.
Cameron said…
There is Magic in the air....and throughout this marvelous post! I still feel it....through my eyes...and into my being. Thank you :)

...and Rascal is one gorgeous kitty!

Popular Posts