Wonderings on a Little Pre-Raphaelite Treat

Since I was a teenager I've been in love with the Pre-Raphaelite art movement.  I've been to various exhibitions and gazed longingly at paintings of Ophelia, Knights and characters from Myth and Legend.  I've scoured the internet for jewellery, clothing, anything inspired by them.  So when I heard that a short film had been made of Alfred Tennyson's poem The Lady of Shalott and it was heavily influenced by Pre-Raphaelite paintings, you can imagine my disappointment having missed the showing of the film in Lincoln.

A few weeks ago I found out that the makers of the film had started a facebook group and if they got to 1,500 likes they would release the film on the internet for free, I went straight to facebook, liked the page and then waited patiently (well not so patiently) for it to reach the required amount.  Which it did!!  Yay!

If you are a fan of Tennyson and the Pre-Raphaelite movement you have to take yourself over to Youtube to view this gorgeous film. It's only about 15 minutes long so won't take up to much time.  It really is beautiful!


Here is the companies website Wag Screen and the link to the film on Youtube.

Comments

Jess said…
I've always loved the pre-raphaelite paintings too! I used to read fairytales and the illustrations were of that same era and style which first got me into it really. I shall watch the film, it sounds lovely.
Jess x
Ruthie Redden said…
Oh wow Rachel, thank you! I missed it too after reading all about it in the run up and didn't know about this, sooo excited Im off to watch it right now. Doing a wee jig ;) I have always adored the pre-raphaelites.
Queenie Believe said…
I will definitely have to check it out. Thnaks!
Have a great day,
Always, Queenie
Off to watch it right now! I just love the gorgeous red hair!
These images are heaven. And a film!! Will watch tomorrow. Thank you Heather for letting us know about this film.

Popular Posts