Wonderings on Christmas Eve

Well Christmas Eve is finally here and for the moment at least the house is peaceful and calm.


The Christmas shopping was finished yesterday and wrapped, the stinky cheese is in the fridge and the house is nice and tidy.  This will be our first Christmas Day spent with C's two children and I'm enjoying the final few hours of calm before they descend and the house is full of fun and mayhem :-).

One of the things I love most about Christmas is putting the decorations up at the beginning of December and spending the month in a cocoon of glittering lights and sparkles.


One of my favourites on our Christmas tree is this little elf.  He hangs off his rope on the bottom, climbing his way up the tree to steal some sparkly treasures, cheeky thing.


His little friend the troll already made it up the tree and is waiting for him.


I'll whisper so he doesn't get embarrassed but I think he has a little crush on the ballerina.


She is so elegant and beautiful it is no surprise really.


Look carefully and you might be lucky enough to see the fairy flying behind the ballerina, her wings sparkling in the lights.


Not even the bugs can escape the glitter at Christmas.


I love to fill my tree with fairies and fantasy, carefully selected decorations chosen over the years to ensure I have plenty to gaze at over Christmas.  Taking the decorations down from the loft and opening the boxes is like greeting old friends and preparing for a party that will last for days.


The final part of the tree is always the angel.  Presiding over the tree with a calm angelic beauty.


I have to admit that I am not really a red Santa kind of girl.  I prefer the more original pagan inspired Father Christmas, dressed in the green and browns of the forest.


I made two purchases this year to add to my Christmas decorations and both sit on the mantelpiece.  The first was a beautiful pair of golden angel wings from Next.


I wish that you could see just how much this sparkles and glitters, the photos don't really do it just at all.

The second purchase was the owl you can see next to it, he fits in perfectly.


Oh and the box on the other side of the angel wings is an advent calender that I made in the craft group I go to.  I was a very lucky girl because C then filled it with surprise goodies for me, green and black chocolates, christmassy hair bobbles, little notes and things.  I have one last drawer to open today apparently with a special little present in it.  I'm looking forward to seeing what that is. :-)

Right well I had better go, I have one last thing that needs doing before tomorrow, which is icing the Christmas cake.  Now do I really want to go and play with icing and edible glitter.  Hummmmmmm let me think. ;-)

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. xxx

Comments

maddyrose said…
Your decorations are beautiful.. Warm wishes for a Christmas filled with love and happiness.
Thank you for the peek into your warm and lovely home at Christmas time! And thank you so much for your visit to The Tearoom as well!

Wishing you and your loved ones a Most Merry Christmas!

Betty
Sarah said…
Your decorations are lovely! And yes-treats-poor cats! Have a lovely Christmas!
Oh such lovely decorations! I love the elf! He sort of looks like the goblins in the movie The Princess and the Goblin. I love that movie ;)

The fairy is utterly beautiful. I love the way her wings sparkle. She is so pretty.

Those wings are stunning! I think I'd leave them up all year... haha.

Thank you for all your lovely comments, you are truly kind and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Lots of love,
Jenn
Charlotte said…
I think I've finally found a benefit of forgetting to check my blog feed - I get to enjoy Christmas again :) Thank you. You have gorgeous decorations, I particularly love the sparkly ladybug and the beautiful fairy.

Popular Posts