Hello!

Eek I seem to have taken a bit of an unplanned blogging break.  Didn't mean to but with a very busy last few weeks at work and then taking some time once finished to recover time seems to have gotten away with me.  I feel like I'm now getting settled into more of a routine and really enjoying myself. :-)

I spent this weekend in the super magical land of Glastonbury. I first fell in love with it a few years ago when I stayed there on a spiritual retreat and this time I went for the Avalon Faery Fayre as I'd love to have a store there one day.  The fayre itself was wonderful, jam packed with faery goodness.

Gorgeous helmets fit for an Elven Prince.

 
Armour worn by Mordred in the film Excalibur.


These are the cutest little creatures that I have fallen head over heels in love with.  They are by a very talented lady Armorel Hamilton


Even without the Fayre, Glastonbury is a wonderful place to visit and is never short of treasures for the eye.

I couldn't resist walking the Labyrinth.


I think this might be my favourite part.  It's a beautiful courtyard with a gorgeous apothecary selling herbs, incense and aromatherapy items.


A close up of the beautiful Witch of Wookey Hole.



To get to the courtyard you go under a little alcove type thing that is painted white and glittery with crystals and candles in the wall.


Oh and you never manage to see everything.  I totally missed these funny little sculptures but luckily Chris saw them and took a photo.


The shop windows are all jam packed full of interesting, magical and beautiful displays.



I love that wooden castle so much, not sure where I'd put something as big as that though.  Look at this cute little guy that was hanging out a castle window.


It's the only town I've visited where even outside the smell of incense lingers.

From reading all the posters of up coming events I imagine it's a wonderful place to be on Halloween/Samhain night.

These skeletons were dotted around all over town.


There was going to be a Zombie Walk in the evening and one of the first things we saw on our walk from the car park was the news.


We didn't stay for the Zombie walk though because, in all honesty, I am a big scaredy cat when it comes to all things Zombie and wouldn't have enjoyed it at all.

We opted instead to take a trip to nearby Brean Sands where we could park our car on the beach and enjoy a rather chilly but beautiful evening and clear our heads after a brilliant but tiring day.


Well that's it for now, I promise not to leave it so long next time. :-)

I'd love to hear how you've all been and what you've been up to.  I have lot of blog reading to catch up on to. :-)

Comments

Debi said…
How exciting for You! Thank you for sharing this! There is a shop called Broomstick fair and Wonky Witchcraft. Did you see this shop. They posted the Zombie Walk on Facebook!

Nice to have you back! Happy Samhain! xoDebi
I wouldn't mind that Elven helmet in my house. Or the wooden castle, either! Glastonbury looks like a very neat place to visit. Another one for the bucket list! :D
Ms Misantropia said…
Thanks for the tour and Happy Halloween!
Laura said…
Oh my word! What a beautiful place!! On my list of places to visit it will go!
Happy Halloween!
blessings
~*~
Oh i would love to go to Glastonbury! Such a cool place, full of my kind of people. And the shops, I'd never be able to bring all my finds home!
Oh i would love to go to Glastonbury! Such a cool place, full of my kind of people. And the shops, I'd never be able to bring all my finds home!
Victoria said…
Yay..what a super beautiful post and tribute to such a magical place! Beautiful images..thanks for taking me on this dreamy journey of spiritual bliss! Love the labyrinth..and the statue is stunning! I have a special pendant given to me from a friend long ago from there..very special!
Blessings kindred...thanks for this sparkling post!
Victoria
Now I am SO jealous of you who have been to Glastonbury:) I knew it would be very special there but your photos show that it´s even better than I imagined it would be. Oh, and a little something is on its way to in the post very soon:) xx

Popular Posts