Wonderings on Being a Lucky So and So

Hello my lovelies

Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my last blog post.  It really means a lot to know that I can run to my blog and I have a place where I can be myself and people understand.

Last week was my Birthday and I’ve been meaning to post some pictures of the goodies that I was lucky enough to receive, but, one of those goodies was the Sims Medieval and I have to admit that I’m a little obsessed with playing it.  How could I not be, I get to create Queens, Witches, Spies etc and then have them dance to lute music or get thrown into the pit and eaten by the beast when they fail at tasks.  I love it!

Anyway, here are some of the other bits I got:

A set of baking cutters that look lovely on my kitchen shelf.  I can't wait to make some scones or pastry so that I can use them.


 A beautiful book on up-cycling and reusing vintage treasures.  The pictures in this are so pretty and it's given me lots of ideas for things to try.


This is my beautiful Audrey Hepburn doll.  She's still in her box at the minute as I want to get her out and have a proper play with her.  I've been inspired by a lot of the pictures of similar dolls on Pinterest and I think I might do a mini fashion shoot with her.



I treated myself to a bottle of Kraken rum and couldn't resist taking a photo of it along with my steampunk hat that I wore to a fancy dress party.


The bottle is just gorgeous and I have to admit that I haven't even opened it yet so I've got no idea what the rum actually tastes like, but I'll certainly be keeping the bottle after the rum has long gone.


I always take my Birthday off from work and so I went out with my Mum and Sister for a walk around our local Antiques Centre.  Having been a huge Twinkle fan as a little girl I couldn't resist these two annuals.


A couple of the tales I could still remember and it's been wonderful to re-read them and delight over all the colourful images.


I just love this little donkey, he's so cute.


Last, but most certainly not least, this is my wolf Motomo.


Well, I say my wolf but obviously he doesn't live with me.  He lives in a conservation park in Berkshire.  I do get to visit him on open days though and I get this beautiful photo of him and a vial of his fur.  I also get to feel rather good about the fact that I'm helping to support such a gorgeous creature.


I just think it's the coolest thing to have a vial of wolf fur.  I've got it out on display with a couple of my vintage medicine bottles.

Oh, oh, oh and I forgot.  I dyed my hair dark purple.  I'm loving it so far, although I'm a bit worried about how quick it might fade. The picture here actually makes it more look more red than purple but you can get the general idea.


I think that's enough blabbering from me.  The new Art Doll Quarterly magazine arrived today and I think I might open that rum and have a read. :-)

Thanks again for being so lovely, I love having this little blog.

Comments

Happy Birthday to you, Dear Rachel!
You got some very lovely gifts and I really love your hair color and your adorable steampunk hat!!

Thank you so much for having come to tea at The Tearoom! It is always such a pleasure to see you there!

Wishing you a beautiful day,

Betty
Cameron said…
Gosh Girl! You know how to celebrate a birthday!! I'll be taking notes from you, for sure....I turn 40 in April :)

A vial of wolf fur is awesome...a good ingredient to have on hand for some sort of midnight spell, no doubt...haha!

Love all your goodies! What a fabulous way to celebrate you!
Victoria Stitch said…
omg I love your doll!!! beautiful!
Happy birthday dear Rachel! All these wonderful gifts surely fit so well into your lovely whimsical world. And a wolf, that is so wonderful and totally eccentric! I love that. xx
Cameron said…
Hi Rachel!

I'm sorry I don't have your email address, but I wanted to get back to you about your comment on the Photoshoot Giveaway. I hope you want to enter it....Taylor will come out to you wherever you are and can take pictures of anyone or anything ypu like. She is just so talented, I want everyone to win....haha!

If you'd like to ask her to come out, please leave another comment saying so to be considered :)

Thank you so much...and I just love that hair of yours....heehee!
Cam
Dear Rachel,
I hope your weekend is a nice one so far! Since we are both admirers of lovely dolls, I thought I'd send you a note to let you know that I have a new blog post up where I have introduced everyone to two of my "babies"! I had fun doing my photoshoot with them and hope to see photos of your beautiful new doll here soon!

http://gossamertearoom.blogspot.com/2013/02/a-valentine-wish-for-you.html

Wishing you a beautiful day!

Betty
Victoria said…
Hello Kindred...Yay..Happiest Birthday to you..wishing you many blessings and birthday sparkles all year round! Fabulous post..gorgeous treasures..Love your Audrey H doll..and that fantastical hat..(sigh)..beautiful!! Shine on and wishing you a magical year!
Hugs
Victoria
Charlotte said…
What lovely treasures and spending your birthday at an antiques centr, perfect. I'm so glad I've read about your sims medieval experience - a lesson never to be tempted to try it. It sounds fabulous and I know I'd quickly lose hours to it ;)
Saw your hair on facebook! It looks so cool! I keep trying red and it runs on EVERYTHING when it's wet. EEEK! I love the Audrey Hepburn doll, such treasures.

Popular Posts