Wonderings on A Special Sweet Treat

I spent last weekend in London (luckily before all the snow hit) with my friends.

I finally got to see the Pre-Raphaelite exhibition at the Tate, after queuing for quite a while and then having to run around trying to find a cash machine as the card machines at the Tate were broken.  It was all worth it in the end though as I got to see beauties such as this……..

 

 After lots and lots of walking it was a welcome relief to stop for a break and indulge in cake and tea at Laduree.  It was the first time I’ve been in (despite longing to for ages) and it was just beautiful, like stepping into another world.  Unfortunately they do not allow you to take photos, however I did buy some macarons to take home with me and got plenty of photos of those.


 The colours are so pretty.


I got Rose, Salted Caramel, Vanilla, Pistachio, Orange Blossom and Blackcurrant Violet.  All of which were beautiful.


The box is perfect, with Victorian images of shoes, parasols and fans, they had larger versions of these on the window too.  Perfect for a vintage loving girl like me.

 
 I would definitely recommend a visit if your ever in London, or even better Paris. 


Comments

Oh my gosh Laduree! I would love so much to be able to visit one, or even taste a macaron! They look so delectable. I don't know that I'd be able to eat them because they look so pretty though.
Cameron said…
Those look positively decadent....what a delight to all the senses :)
I'm totally envious you got to go see the Pre-Raphaelite exhibit! I'd give my eye teeth to be able to see some of my favourites in person!! :o)
Laura T. said…
Hello there! I just wandered over from your post on Vanessa's AFT blog. Did you make those adorable elves I saw on a previous post? They are sooo cute! Do you sell anything online like ETSY?
Rachel said…
Hi Laura. Thanks so much for your comment. I did make the elves yes, I'm glad you like them.

I am just in the process of setting up an Etsy shop and hope to have it up and running in the next few weeks.
Charlotte said…
Lovely memories of a wonderful weekend. Oh to be eating that delicious chocolate confection and gazing at beautiful paintings again. Are they all eaten yet? I want to know what you are storing in the beautiful box.
Oh your blog and blog content is absolutely lovely. Have to admit that even though we have them here, I still haven't tasted a macaron. Should probably do so some time!
The pre-Raphaelite exhibition was like a glimmering star on the night sky; simply beautiful! I was it too in London.
Moonbeam said…
Oh, how lovely! I wish I were in London to visit that exhibit and enjoy those GORGEOUS macaroons! The colors are amazing!

Popular Posts