Wonderings on our Garden Party Wedding Reception - Part 1

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments on our wedding, it has really helped keep the magic of it alive while I've been back at work.

I now have time to share some reception photos (yay!).  There are actually quite a few so I will split it into 2 posts.

My rather wonderful Mum and Dad very kindly offered to have the reception in their back garden and so after months and months of hard work from everybody it really was a dream come true to have it look just how we had imagined it.


With vintage touches like old teapots as vases and vintage crockery, including salt and pepper pots, collected from various car boot sales, antique shops and good old ebay;





 Mixed in with wonderful woodland fairy whimsy like the little hanging mouse houses and the confetti basket complete with fairy hammock (made by my rather talented mum).


As we were also doing our own catering it allowed us to continue with the homemade theme into the food and drink.

Very scrummy elderflower champagne, which is so gorgeous I'm not sure any other champagne will ever do.


Orange and Lemon cordials


Fairy cakes in scrummy flavours like marshmallow and peaches and cream


Chris and I also made the wedding cake ourselves and decorated it with a cord the same as the one used for our handfasting and this beautiful fairy decoration called A Frog Once Loved a Turtle.



As we were having an afternoon tea it seemed only right to have tea cups and saucers to go with it.


As C and I love books and reading we decided that rather than favours it would be more personal to find vintage books that we thought people would like.  I spent many a happy hour in antique bookshops, rummaging around, trying to resist buying them all for myself. :-)


*sigh* It really is so wonderful getting to re-live it all sharing these photos.  I will be back with a few more final bits and pieces tomorrow.

Hoping you are all having a wonderful Friday.

xxx

Comments

Victoria said…
Wow..and Yay!!...so fabulous..super-enchanting.you have stolen my heart...thanks so much for sharing your special day and all the beauty and magic....shine on and many many sparkling blessings!
Beautiful beautiful!
Victoria
xo
These are the loveliest concepts for a wedding reception! Vintage books as favours?! What a delightful idea. I am super jealous. You'd never be likely to catch me walking down an aisle in a white dress (tee hee, wedding phobia) but if I DID I'd steal some of your ideas ;).

I really wish we had car boot sales here. Much easier than garage sales. We have to drive all around finding and following signs around town to everyone's different homes. Would be much more convenient if it were all in one place.

Thank you for your sweet comments of late. To answer you, believe me I'd LOVE to live in England. I'd embrace the pale skin I have and blame it on the weather ;)
Moonbeam said…
I am speechless - how beautiful!!! First of all, congratulations! =) What a lovely reception you put together. I, too, did all of mine homemade (many, many, MANY moons ago - haha), with the help of friends and my mom. What lovely memories you and your guests will have of this for many years to come. The books as gifts for friends/family is such a truly personal and lovely touch! Congratulations to you and Chris!
You made a super enchanting wedding reception! I love your creativity in designing and decorating the whole place. The touch of vintage made it look so magical. It’s really a great pleasure to plan and execute your own wedding reception. You have all the freedom to choose your own concept and design it according to your taste. Congrats, Rachel, and to your husband as well.
You made a super enchanting wedding reception! I love your creativity in designing and decorating the whole place. The touch of vintage made it look so magical. It’s really a great pleasure to plan and execute your own wedding reception. You have all the freedom to choose your own concept and design it according to your taste. Congrats, Rachel, and to your husband as well.

Popular Posts