Wonderings on Halloween and Miss Havisham

I had been hoping that I would be able to share pictures of my Halloween decorations with you but unfortunately I came down with a bad cold and wasn't able to do any decorations at all :-(.  It was really disappointing but it does make me extra determined to go a little more over the top than usual with the Christmas decorations, which I'm really looking forward.

I had put together a little Halloween Inspiration board on Pinterest and I'd been thinking about going for a Miss Havisham (Great Expectations) theme as I love the idea of the jilted Bride years later having everything as it was on the Wedding Day.  Her wedding dress in tatters, the cake all rotting and mice running around over the dining table, vindictively encouraging her adopted daughter to break mens hearts.

This brings me to the pictures I wanted to share with you.  It's the first look at Helena Bonham Carter as Miss Havisham in the new adaptation of Great Expections.  Now my combined love for the crazy Miss Havisham and the wonderfully eccentric Helena Bonham Carter guaranteed that I went crazy for these pictures when I saw them last night.  The tattered wedding gown, big frizzy hair and gorgeously aged lace are just to much to be true.  I hope you like them too. :-)



I'm really looking forward to seeing more images from the film.

Oh and I've signed up for this years National Novel Writing Month trying to write a 50,000 word novel in one month is already proving to be quite difficult but I'm giving it a go, which is the main thing.

Comments

maddyrose said…
Beautiful images. I hope you're feeling better. Catching a cold so early in the season is no fun at all as if they ever are. Have a good weekend.
Sarah said…
They are lovely pictures. Miss Havisham is such an interesting character. And perfect for Halloween.
Oh goodness! You and I seem to be on exactly the same page! I had seen these amazing pictures of Helena Bonham Carter and soon grew rather obsessed with them. I have even started reading Great Expectations!
I had no idea they were making a new Great Expectations! Those pictures look amazing- I can't wait to see it!

Popular Posts