Wonderings on A Beautiful Book

Firstly I just wanted to say a big thank you to everybody who took the time to comment on my Halloween Party tale and also hello to the new followers *waves*.  I really had a fantastic time visiting every bodies parties and seeing all the different ways people celebrated.

I’ve been longing for a book that was filled with beauty and magic and yet still with a hint of darkness running through it.  So when I saw Entwined by Heather Dixon I had high hopes that this was just the kind of story I had been looking for.  I was completely seduced by the cover (which is beautiful!) and the inside glimpse of creeping vines along the pages which led me to abandon my beloved kindle and buy a hardback book and I certainly wasn’t disappointed.

Image Source
This is the most charming book I’ve read in a long time. Entwined retells the fairytale of the 12 Dancing Princesses and right from the start is filled with gorgeous descriptions of balls, dancing and magic.  Magic not only in the story but in the author’s writing draws you in like the steps from the Entwine, weaving around your brain so that before you know it, your caught with no way of escaping.  Not that I wanted to escape, I was quite happy following Azalea and her sisters through their adventure.  I thought that all the characters were really well written with the right amount of flaws to keep them realistic and lovable.

I finished the book with a gasp of delight and the knowledge that this was a book that will be kept for years to come and picked up whenever I feel the need for a little bit of magic in my life.

Oh and one final mention to the cover because it is absolutely stunningly beautiful, whoever designed it should be very pleased with themselves.

Comments

Vicky said…
Hi hun thank you sooooo much for your lovely comment on my blog it really meant a lot. You have a fabulous blog here & I loved your halloween story it was fabulous.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx
Barbara said…
Thank you so much for becoming a follower of my blog, and I'm delighted to have found yours!

This book sounds terrific! I hopped over to Amazon and ordered it ~ thanks for the review!

xx
Barbara

Popular Posts